Important Notice Regarding Commercial Real Estate Insurance
As part of a commercial mortgage agreement, property insurance in the form of hazard coverage (for non-construction/post-construction real estate) or builder’s risk coverage (for construction real estate) must be maintained for the life of the mortgage. This requirement protects the collateral investment and is a standard best practice for commercial real estate lending.
If you (the primary Borrower) received a notice from Northern Bank & Trust Company (“Northern Bank ”, “us”, “we”, “our”) about commercial property insurance, that means our records show that we do not have current documentation or evidence of insurance on the property listed in the letter. Therefore, we need to ask you to provide us with the information listed below. Please note that we have contracted with a company named Allied Solutions LLC, to collect this information on our behalf.
- A copy of your insurance declarations page(s)
- The agency name, phone number, mailing address, and/or email address
- Insurance provider name and policy number
- Coverage amount and effective date range
Please note that Northern Bank will need to be listed as mortgagee and loss payee as follows:
Northern Bank & Trust Company
275 Mishawum Road
Woburn, MA 01801
There are a few options which you may use in order to provide us with your current insurance information:
- Utilize one of the options listed on the insurance letter you received by mail
- Mail a copy of the insurance letter you received, along with a copy of your insurance policy, complete with policy number, to Northern Bank Attn: Commercial Loan Insurance, at 275 Mishawum Road, Woburn, MA 01801.
If you have questions, please call (800) 998-0761 to speak with the Allied Solutions Insurance Service Center that is working on our behalf. You may also contact your Commercial Loan Officer directly by calling Northern Bank at (800) 273-6908 if you believe you are receiving the letter in error. Thank you very much!