Social Media Guidelines
The Bank has established a set of guidelines for social media. The rules are designed to give visitors and the Bank guidelines for proper behavior.
At Northern Bank, we are always looking for ways to enhance communication between the Bank and our customers. It is with this goal in mind that we participate in social networks.
As we continue to expand communications through the use of social networking sites we want to advise all visitors to our online presence of the guidelines we utilize when moderating activities on Bank-run groups and/or pages:
• Comments and conversations are accepted and encouraged! We want to hear from our customers and neighbors. Discussion boards and pages will be monitored daily by members of the Bank’s staff who will, when appropriate, contribute to the conversation. Please note, in accordance with federal law, the Bank does not knowingly accept comments from individuals under the age of 13.
• Please watch your language. While we strive for everyone to think only the best of our institution, we understand that some visitors may wish to use the space for complaints or other issues. We ask that you refrain from using profane or off-color language; and that you keep the comments constructive in nature. Comments containing unsavory language, or which are considered inflammatory or off-topic, will be removed immediately.
• Protect yourself. When posting information or questions, or sending a message to Bank staff, please do not include private information (e.g. your account number, Social Security number, etc). Time-sensitive requests, such as lost debit card requests, will not be accepted online. Comments containing non-public personal information about any customer will be removed immediately. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy and security policies of social media websites before participation. Be sure you understand how your information can be displayed and used throughout the site as well as other third-party sites that may be linked to your social media communities. The Bank is not responsible for and does not endorse any content or advertisement posted by Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or by third party sites that may appear on this page.
• Protect our employees. Whether you have a complaint or compliment, we request you refrain from using staff member names in your comments to protect their privacy. Comments containing employee names or other identifying information will be removed. If you want to send a compliment, complaint or comment about a specific employee, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Don’t be surprised if you hear from us! As stated, members of our staff will be monitoring our social networking pages. When appropriate, we will either respond to your question, issue or comment publicly, or we will contact you directly through the network’s mail system. HOWEVER, please remember that we will never ask you to verify your personal or account information via email, telephone, Facebook or other types of public channels. Do not provide any personal information (including date of birth, credit or debit card number, Social Security number or driver’s license number) to anyone unless you have initiated the contact with the Bank representative (meaning, you called our main number, 800-273-6908, and asked for the staff member by name).